· Work in partnership with the team (TV, radio, Printing Unit & newspaper) to set the vision and strategy and translate this into the right big goals to keep our existing products top-notch and invent new ones (or get the most out of the teams so those ideas surface and deliver)
· Increase management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
· Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Accountable for maximizing yield in terms of budget, resources and productivity across the Empire.
· Accountable for maximizing yield in terms of budget, resources and the product management, technical and financial performance of all AYV Products/Services.
· Organize/Chair weekly management meetings including weekly departmental meetings with the various clusters
· Submit monthly work plans
We are looking for applicants who are committed to working at the highest standards, supportive to colleagues, willing to learn, and able to work effectively under pressure. This position comes with competitive terms and conditions.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications for this position is 20 March 2017