In actualizing the plan, a team comprising SLP Estate Department, the Support Officer and team of Congo Cross Division, representative of the LPPB Congo Cross Division from each of the beneficiary communities carried out a visibility study for the construction/erection of Police
posts within the Congo Cross Division on Thursday 19th July 2018.
In all, five hotspots/key areas were identified and at the same time the team was able to identify land space in each of these potentially trouble spots as follows:
1. Smart Farm Community_ (even though the LPPB/ CSVs are very much up to the task but then clique gangs are said to be hibernating in the
2. Thomson Bay Community (being a fast growing community that has spread its tentacles beyond the RED Zone of EPA and Ministry of Lands and with very alarming crime rate; considering the facts that some criminal activities around the Golf Club's Fence area along the Lumley Beach Road is a derivative from criminal hideouts within the Thompson Bay swamp area; now encroached on by community dwellers.)
3. Fudia Terrace_ Wilberforce community (a community that is far away from even the Wilberforce police Station now under construction. This community has grown to an extent that some of our known VIPs and Embassies are living & located there.
4. Gwent Height _ Wilberforce community (this community is also densely populated and accessible also through the Wilberforce Military Barracks. It is also a den for clique gangs threatening community members with various types of implements. The incidences of cliques' actions only reduced with the recent intervention of the police)
5. Tengbeh Town community (a very big and populated community; and still growing with extension being made on the hills overlooking the community; this community is also made up of clique gangs threatening inhabitants on a daily basis hence the need for police presence and visibility.)
Land spaces for the erection/ construction of police posts in all of these crime prone communities have been identified and the acting Regional Commander Freetown West is now fast tracking every effort so that the available spaces so far identified will not be encroached in the long run.